It’s official. The Next Galaxy – Samsung Galaxy S3 aka S III aka GT I9300 has been officially launched & revealed to the entire world in an glittering event in London – regarding which we had updated you in an earlier post here with leaked specifications of Galaxy S3.
- 4.8” Super Amoled HD display
- Android 4.0.4 ICS OS
- 1.4GHz Quad Core Exynos 4 Processor
- 1GB RAM
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 px (306ppi)
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.55 mm
- Weight: 133g
- Storage: 16/32/64GB depending on model, plus expandable MicroSD card
- Cloud storage: 50GB Dropbox for two years
- Colour: Pebble blue or marble white
- Battery: 2,100mAh (wireless charging optional extra)
- Camera: 8MP rear; 1.9 MP front
Here’s, a comparison between Samsung Galaxy S2 Vs Samsung Galaxy S3:
Now lets see some of the new exciting features which makes the Galaxy S3 a real super smartphone.
- The phone’s Display won’t turn off until you are looking at the phone. This will be possible with the eye-tracking technology using the 1.9MP front camera which will be useful while reading books or playing games so that the screen doesn’t turn dark in the middle.
- No need to hit the call button to call any of your friends while messaging. Now you can simply lift the phone to your ear & the number will be dialed automatically.
- Aka Samsung Voice – Siri’s Alternative.
- Now using voice commands you can tell your phone to launch the camera & take a photo, control music & volume, text & email messages, & much more.
- This feature will allow High speed file transfer via NFC and WiFi Direct between two phones just by tapping them to one another.
- Using this 1GB files can be shared within 3 minutes while a 10MB song can be shared in just two seconds. Awsome.
All Share Play
- This feature will allow content sharing between the Galaxy S3 and tablets, smartphones and PCs alike.
All Share Cast
- Using this now you can directly connect your Galaxy S3 to a TV & share your mobile content on a larger display.
Pop up Play
- Using this feature now you can play a video on any homescreen in a window.
- 50 GB free Dropbox storage
Burst Shot & Best Photo
- The Burst Shot feature will take 20 burst shots continuously.
- The Best Photo feature will select the best eight photos out of the 20 for you.
Face Zoom & Slideshow
- Using this feature you can simply double tap a face to zoom in.
- Automatic slide show generation zooms in on faces as individual pictures for pictures with lots of people.
Buddy Photo Share & Group Tag
- Buddy Photo Share allows you to automatically tag pictures & send them to those being tagged in the pictures.
- Group Tag allows you to tag multiple people in one go, for this you need set up a group first.
After looking at this exciting features, I am sure all of you might be wanting to own one of them. So now the point comes when Galaxy S3 will be available. According to the Samsung’s official release, Galaxy S3 will be first available in Europe by the end of May – around 29th May 2012, followed by US, Japan, South Korea in June.
SGS3 – Hands On Video
For all Indian users, the Galaxy S3 is likely to hit the Indian markets by June. Nothing is official yet.
Similarly regarding the price of Galaxy S3 nothing has been officially released.
But Galaxy S3 is expected to be priced in India at around Rs. 35000.
So stay tuned for more updates regarding the Galaxy S3 here.
Image Reference – http://www.telegraph.co.uk