From 20th September 2012, Western Railways introduces Double Decker AC Superfast Trains 12931/12932 between Mumbai Central & Ahmedabad.
Train No. 12931 Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad Double Decker Super Fast Express will depart from Mumbai Central at 14.20 hrs from Monday to Saturday and reach Ahmedabad at 21.40 hrs.
In its return journey, Train No. 12932 Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Double Decker Super Fast Express will depart from Ahmedabad at 06.00 hrs from Monday to Saturday and reach Mumbai Central at 13.00 hrs.
We had first written a post here when the trial runs of AC Double Decker train had started.
Bookings for both trains opens from 18th September 2012.
Detailed time table for both the trains are as under:
Few salient features of the Mumbai To Ahmedabad AC Double Decker Train are:
• Fully-air-conditioned double-decker superfast Mumbai-Ahmedabad Train
• Number of Coaches – 9 including seven AC double-decker chair cars with 128 seats each + 2 Luggage, Brake cum Generator van
• Top Speed – 120 – 130kmph
• Journey Duration – Distance will be covered in around 7 and half hours
• Frequency – All days in week except Sunday
• Total no. of passengers travel at a time – 1560
• Halt at Stations – Borivali, Vapi,Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand & Nadiad
• Created at – Research Development & Standard Organisation
• Developed by – Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala
You might also like – New Delhi – Jaipur AC Double Decker Superfast Express starts from 24th August 2012
You might also like – Download Indian Railways New Train Time Table w.e.f form 1st July 2012