After having announced about the Mumbai To Ahmedabad AC Double Decker Train in the railway budget last year in 2011, which didn’t get started due to some design flaws, but finally now the trial runs of the Mumbai To Ahmedabad AC Double Decker Train have been started.
Yesterday, trial run of the Mumbai To Ahmedabad AC Double Decker Train was conducted between Ahmedabad To Vadodara & in Vadodara, saw a lots of people coming to the station to watch the much awaited train.
Few salient features of the Mumbai To Ahmedabad AC Double Decker Train are:
• Fully-air-conditioned double-decker superfast Mumbai-Ahmedabad Train
• Number of Coaches – 13
• Seats – 70 lower deck, 50 upper deck, 120 per coach
• Top Speed – 120 – 130kmph
• Journey Duration – Distance will be covered in around 5 and half hours
• Frequency – All days in week except Sunday
• Timings – The train depart at 2.20pm; arrive at 1.05pm
• Service Starts From – June
• Total no. of passengers travel at a time – 1560
• Halt at Stations – Borivali, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara & Anand
• Created at – Research Development & Standard Organisation
• Developed by – Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala
Although the new double decker train will cover the distance between Mumbai to Ahmedabad within 5 & half hours with halt at 5 stations which is slow compared to the Shatabdi Express which covers the same distance in 4 & half hours with halt at 8 stations but it is faster than Karnavati Express which covers the same distance in 6 & half hours with halt at 9 stations.
However, the no. of seats in the new double decker train is 50% more than that in Shatabdi or Karnavati Express.
|Train Name||Time Taken||No. of Halt at Staions|
|Shatabdi Express||4.35 Hours||8|
|Karnavati Express||6.35 Hours||9|
|AC Double Decker Train||5.30 Hours||5|
Hope that the Mumbai To Ahmedabad AC Double Decker Train will start from June as announced which will be a boon for all passengers on this route.
You might also like – New Delhi – Jaipur AC Double Decker Superfast Express starts from 24th August 2012
You might also like – Download Indian Railways New Train Time Table w.e.f form 1st July 2012